Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mini Baby Shower

On Saturday December 27th, the Corey family had our christmas party. There was so much food and fun. It was great to see everybody. We got the chance to talk about Elise to everybody. They saw our ultrasound pictures and everybody fell in love with her. We all exchanged christmas presents and it was so fun. After the official christmas party, they had a surprise mini baby shower for us. That was so thoughtful. We received such great gifts. Elise got her first outfits, bibs, stuffed animals, onesies, blankets, brag book etc. The outfits are so tiny and so cute. James' mom gave me James' baby bood that talks about the very first contractions she had with James, to his first sunday school, to when he lost his first tooth, etc. That was the greatest gift I received. She also gave me James' baby blanket. Last Christmas, I received some of James' baby blankets and his favorite Scooby Doo when he was growing up and I'm glad that I received more of those. Elise also received a huge,pink pony from Maria. It is such a beautiful pony but we could not carry it with us on the plane because we had so much stuff. Elise already has almost a closet worth of stuff. We need to get her a closet. I use the big walk-in closet in the master bedroom and James uses the other closet in the second bedroom which is now going to be Elise's room so I guess he has to move...No just kidding...we will just buy another closet from Ikea or some other furniture store for our baby girl.Yesterday, when I got home from work, James had laid out all of Elise's clothes and separated the bibs from the blankets and from the stuffed animals and so on. That mad eit so clear to me that she needs her own closet. she cannot share with mummy or daddy. Talking about Elise's room, we are planning on having a nursery with a Safari theme. You know with paintings and pictures of Giraffes, monkey, birds etc. We want it to feel like an african safari in there. She is going to see so much of america that we thought we would surround her with some african spirit this way.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you guys were pregnant! That's so wonderful!! :) You're going to be wonderful parents! God's blessings in 2009!

    P.S. I love your decorating idea..I've decorated my apartment with big pictures from Ghana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get started painting some animals at work for my niece's room :)

    ReplyDelete