Sunday, December 21, 2008

A boy or a girl?



Well, I've always dreamed of having a little girl first and then a boy after. I really wanted a girl first but James and I both just hope our baby will be healthy. We went for another ultrasound on December 19th at 1pm. This was the ultrasound to determine any structural abnormalites and the sex of the baby. Jennifer, the technician asked us if we wanted to find out the sex. James was quick to say yes. I wanted to know it too. Oh my God, the baby was so active and flexible and kept moving. It was so amazing. This was the first time we had seen our baby looking like a real human being. The last time we saw the baby, it was just a blur with a yolk sac. This time it had bones and everything. It was even waving at me. Guess what? It is a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can start using "she" instead of it. That was so exciting. I would have been grateful and happy and joyful with a boy but I just preferred a girl first. James was also very excited. She was playing with her toes, and then her umbilical cord. At one point, she was scratching her back, it was so cute. She was even drinking and we saw her little chest and belly moving. She first had her fingers closed and then she waved at us. She would not turn around so Jennifer had me jump around a couple of times but she only turned slightly. We had to let everybody know that we were going to have a little girl. We are already so in love with her. We count our blessings everyday and we are so grateful to God for giving us such abundant grace and love. Here are a couple of the very first shots of our baby girl...Elise...

No comments:

Post a Comment