Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ha Ha Ha Hooo- 10 more weeks

If you are guessing what Ha Ha Ha Hooo means, well that is one of the breathing patterns we learned in our birthing classes. I started my birthing classes on tuesday. Well, we only have 10 more weeks to go so we have to get prepared. The first class was so exciting and I was looking forward to that. We met a bunch of couples just like us. I think there are 6-7 more couples in the class. It is an interesting mix but we are all going to be first time mothers. Interesting enough, we are not the only mixed couples. We always get excited when we see that. There is an American/Japanese couple, American/Indian couple, and then us, American/African. We are all due in May. Running from May 1st to May 28th. It was so funny because we were all checking each other's belly out wondering when the other is due or what they are expecting. I guess the instructor noticed this and mentioned it too so before the class even started we all introduced ourselves and talked about our expectations and our due dates. Some bellies were tiny, other were huge...everybody is built differently. One thing we all had in common was excitement and anxiety at the same time. All the husbands were very supportive and did not look like they had been dragged there. They were actually enjoying the breathing and excercises. The class was very informative and now it is up to me to practice my relaxation breathing and my Ha Ha Ha Hooo!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HahahaHoo!...lol...I've seen that done a couple times. I almost passed out the first time I saw a vaginal birth sans medication! You doing all antural without meds? That class sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Maxine I know what you mean. With my first patient with vaginal birth at nursing school, I was holding her left leg back while the nurse was holding her right. I blacked out for a while but I was still standing. It was scary but she was a good patient to have because she made it seem easy but I was still so scared. The class is fun though....I'm loving it....

    ReplyDelete