Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Shower





Last saturday, James and My sister Sandra hosted a baby shower for us. It was supposed to start at 6pm and end at 10pm but you know how Ghanaians can be with their timing....Well, let me explain. Ghanaians abroad turn everything into a party. Bridal shower, baby shower etc is a BIG PARTY. Men are invited to everything....there were men at my bridal shower and at my baby shower too. Having a the start time as 6pm means 10pm. So the baby shower did not get busy until around 10. There was a lot of food, drinks and merry making. I was so impressed with how it turned out. There were a lot of friends and gifts except for a few friends who disappointed me. You know how there are some friends that you expect to be at everything. We got a lot of gifts for Elise and we just wanted to say thanks to all my friends who cooked the meals( Sandra, Elsie, Ewurakua, Mimi) and the cake( Yram). Also thanks to Aina who did the decorations. And above all James and Van who ran so many errands getting drinks and ice and plates etc. It was a great night and we all had fun.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww sounds like so much fun! glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this! I am going to a Ghanaian baby shower next week and have no clue what to wear!

    ReplyDelete